Cashmere is a type of wool, perhaps the most luxurious and soft there is. You can usually wear a cashmere item all year round: it is airy, breathable and at the same time wonderfully warm.
With these maintenance tips, you can enjoy your cashmere items for years:
- Wash cashmere inside out at a cold temperature. Use only a little wool detergent and choose a liquid product.
- Put only a few items in the washing machine so that they have room to move.
- Fabric softener is unnecessary. Cashmere is naturally soft and fabric softener will only damage the wool.
- Dry cashmere (just like wool) flat or flat on a drying rack. Do not put cashmere directly in the sun or on a heater.
- If you have problems with loose fluff, you can carefully remove it with a special comb or by hand.